A free astronomy course will be held (in English) October 13 to 17th at the University Ste. Anne, Tusket site.
The course will taught by professors and experts in the field:
- Dr. Paul Gray ( President RASC, Halifax)
- Dr. Dave J Lane ( Director Observatory, Halifax)
- Dr Dan Majaess ( PhD St Mary’s University, Halifax)
- Dr Alfred Rosengerg (The Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias)
- Dr. A.M. Varela (The Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias)
- Bill Curry ( Bill Curry Photography)
- Tim Doucette ( Deep Eye Sky Observatory , Quinan)
Every day has both a lecture and an outdoor practice after dark. Class time will be approximately 4pm to midnight, with an hour break. Topics include, but are not limited to, the sky in Nova Scotia, the sun, the moon, the planets, the electromagnetic spectrum, the universe and formation of galaxies, astronomy, astrophotography, and astrotourism.
Sign up and satisfy your curiosity about our night time skies and see firsthand why our region has received the Starlight Designation. This is also the perfect opportunity for those who wish to expand or start up a business as an astrotourism guide.