The Tusket Business Park has an excellent and convenient location with the entrance to the park 100 metres from Exit 33 on Highway 103 and 13 kilometres from the Town of Yarmouth, the Yarmouth International Airport and Highway 101. With low traffic congestion and room to grow, the Tusket Business Park is a prime business location. It is also 105 kilometres from Digby where the year-round ferry to St. John, NB departs; and 319 kilometres to the Halifax Robert L Stanfield International Airport.
The following is some basic information to get your thought process started- we welcome an opportunity to chat more about your business needs and plans in the near future:
- The Tusket Business Park is owned by the Municipality of Argyle which has a commercial tax rate of $2.27/ $100 of assessment
- 3.57 acres remaining for sale
- Very flat terrain
- There are currently 2 lots available ranging from 1.44 to 2.13 acres in size
- The zoning is “Business Park”. Land use by-law information can be accessed here as well as additional information relating to building permits, signage etc. For more detailed information or questions on the Municipality’s permit requirements, etc. please don’t hesitate to contact the Department of Protection Services at (902) 648-2623.
- Sewage Treatment – tenant to pay for individual connection to the municipal sewage treatment system
- Tenant is responsible for their potable water
- 3-phase power available
- Communications - Eastlink and BellAliant provide high-speed internet
Tusket is located along the coastal area of Yarmouth County- approximately an equal distance from both bordering counties of Digby and Shelburne. There are over 24, 400 people who live in Yarmouth County.
2016 Census data shows that Tusket had a population of 395 people….but approximately 350 come here each day for work. It truly is the “hub” of the Municipality of Argyle.
Organizations and services found within five minutes of the Tusket Business Park are:
- Argyle Employment Services
- Université Sainte-Anne Campus
- School - École secondaire de Par-en-Bas
- Community Centre
- Fully licensed daycare center
- Branch of Coastal Financial Credit Union
- Car dealership, auto servicing and collision repair, forklift sales and repair center
- Natural Resources
- Grocery/Hardware Store
- Oldest Courthouse and Gaol
- Municipal Administration Building
- Post Office
- Ice Cream Parlour
- Accounting Firm
- MLA Office
Purchase Process Contact Information
Department of Protection Services
5 Rue J. E. Hatfield Court, PO Box 10
Tusket, NS B0W 3M0